Another MTX oldie

Section where new members can tell us a little bit about themselves (and their own set-up) and existing members can say "hello and welcome" to them?
Martin A

Another MTX oldie

Post by Martin A »

Hello!

I brought my first Memotech at the end of 1983. Which ended up as a full twin disc FDX. I wrote the "Bomber" game that appears on Dave and Andy's sites (and maybe others)

At one time there were 4 of us in the family with MTX's so between us we had a fairly comprehensive collection of software.

I moved away from the MTX in the early 90's to the Acorn Archimedes and successors, but picked the MTX up again about 10 years ago when I inherited a working MTX500 from my Grandfather.

I cant remember what happened to my MTX512, the FDX died a death in the mid 90's, but not before I moved some of the game to the Acorn, for which I wrote an emulator, the site that hosted it is long gone (and so are most of Acorn users!).

At present I have 2 MTX500's, the one that my Uncle had came with a box load of games.

One of the MTX's has a re-memorizor, the other gets tinkered with.

At present it's running over clocked at 4.9mhz, but has to rely on external ROM & RAM courtesy of a ram/rom upgrade that failed.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: Another MTX oldie

Post by Crazyboss »

the Acorn Emulator must be this: http://www.mtxworld.dk/mtxfiles/mtx.arc :)
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Martin!

:D :D :D

I hope you stay around, this forum may be small, but it is growing :D

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Crazyboss wrote:the Acorn Emulator must be this: http://www.mtxworld.dk/mtxfiles/mtx.arc :)
Yup that's it, pretty much the "latest" version too. I only ever had one bug report when I had it online, and that was the update with the fix.

Scary really, the date stamp on the source code is over 14 years old!