How to best source stuff from ebay.com and chinese suppliers

General "chat", not necessarily MTX related
lezanderson

How to best source stuff from ebay.com and chinese suppliers

Post by lezanderson »

It's a Western culture just to pay the 'Ticket' price on something.. but this is not the norm as most cultures don't mind negotiating or haggling a better deal. You see something on ebay for say $8.0 and you just buy it.. But could you of got a better deal by asking for a discount price ?

The answer usually is YES .. I've bought a lot of ICs from China and soon discovered that talking to the seller direct I could get most stuff less than half price. An IC that was say $5.00 on ebay.com I could get for $2.0 direct, just by asking for 'Best Price' This obviously doesn't normally work when only buying one IC , but if your buying a reasonable amount, say spending $30+ then it works fine!

How it works...

Make a list of what you want !
Get an idea of the individual prices from the net
Email your list to a supplier and ask for their Best Price and give your target price
Negotiate a good deal
pay direct... normally using PAYPAL
Stuff then arrives as it would normally...

Yes I hear you say... but that sounds risky !! and yes there is some risk , but I’ve found the Chinese suppliers I’ve dealt with to be genuine and honest. probably more honest than most UK suppliers ! And the stuff I’ve ordered always arrives OK.. though it does take some time !

Stuff that would cost me say $75 on ebay.com , I can get for $35 .. which is a big saving .. especially considering it's exactly the same stuff !

But !!! Whatever you do, do not sound Nerdy or naive as this is like blood to a shark as sales people love to diddle Nerdies !
lezanderson

Re: How to best source stuff from ebay.com and chinese suppl

Post by lezanderson »

Been busy talking a Chinese supplier into selling home-brew kits for electronics enthusiasts / DIY builders etc. Got them to keep the prices 'Sensible' as opposed to the ridiculous prices you sometimes see for 'Old' legacy ICs . most stuff is about one fifth the price from digikey or mouser. Obviously with all stuff from China or stuff that are 'Pulls' you should check they work as soon as they arrive.

http://stores.ebay.com/P-A-Electro-Comp ... 34.c0.m322