World of Spectrum off-line

General "chat", not necessarily MTX related
1024MAK

World of Spectrum off-line

Post by 1024MAK »

Before anyone askes, read this:

Lee Fogarty put this up on the Spectrum 4 Ever group on Facebook....
I don't think anyone has noticed, but WoS is down.

I've spent this week creating a new forum which, although a skeleton is almost complete with backed up data from the old forum.

This has mostly been put on hold today to test the archive on the new server, and is also mostly done - the big part will be uploading the archive files! This will also return as a skeleton site as different parts are tested and put live.

I am having to put skeletons up due to losing a weeks work to get things done. Hopefully the forums will be back early next week as soon as testing is complete.
Some more info here (where the above quote was taken from).

With the current loss of WoS, watch out for the FIGHT! over the alternative places to talk speccy...
The World Of Spectrum (Temporary) Forum
JetSet Willy and Manic Miner Community
comp.sys.sinclair
and that Facebook group....... (not that I like Facebook groups, it's hard to dip into and out of and not lose/miss posts :().

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
1024MAK

Re: World of Spectrum off-line

Post by 1024MAK »

The hard work is paying off :-)

Partial restoration of World of Spectrum has been achieved. The forums and some other sections are not yet functional.

Mark
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Well, the WoS forums are back 8-) . Not bug free, but useable (just make sure your hands can't reach your hair if trying to post using a mobile...).

Mark
“There are four lights!”

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Gosh, did I never update this! :shock:

Elsewhere I posted this on Wed 29th Jul 2015:-
1024MAK wrote:WoS forums are alive and kicking :D . Earlier in the year the whole WoS server went off line. All the data was saved and WoS is now on a new server. Because the site used a lot of custom code, getting the site fully functional is taking time.

The new forum has been on line for a while now. Log in details should have been retained. For me, my log in and password worked okay on the new forum. However if you are unlucky, You may need to reset your password.. There are still parts of the site that are being updated.

Mark
During the later half of 2015, it was reliable in the sense that it was online, even if various parts of the site remained with "limited functionality" :P

However...

World of Spectrum website is down again :(.

It was okay on Thursday. Yesterday (Friday), all day I got "Server not found" and the various web site check site also reported the site not responding.

So far today, it's still offline.

Mark
“There are four lights!”

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

WoS is back online :D

Mark
“There are four lights!”