PCBs for Spectrum Clones

General "chat", not necessarily MTX related
Martin A

Re: PCBs for Spectrum Clones

Post by Martin A »

So, is anyone else ready to take up the challenge ?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Martin A wrote: 11 Feb 2020 00:03 So, is anyone else ready to take up the challenge ?
If only I had a time machine... :(

Look away now if you don’t like violin 🎻 stories :mrgreen:
Take today. I arrived home just after dawn (about 07:20) after working a night turn. And after letting the dogs out, went to sleep. Woke up in time to get ready for the dentist. Had a old filling removed and replaced with a new one. Went home, watched an hour of TV recorded from Sunday night. Had some food. Answered a phone call from a fellow employee who told me about how the manager had been getting excited today. Then made my way to the railway station, to catch a train to the nearest city. Walked to the evening meeting. Chaired the meeting. As is often the case, it overran a bit (20 minutes), as the more people there are, the more issues there are that get talked about. Got a lift home, and arrived back at 22:15. Now browsing my regular forum sites (like here), before going to bed. Then tomorrow I have another meeting in the city, at least the start time is 10:30.

Not every day is as busy as that, but finding time to do hobby activity is definitely a bit tricky at the moment.

I actually have a RC2014 kit to build and a 48K Harlequin waiting my attention, plus numerous other projects waiting for me to find time...

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Martin A wrote: 11 Feb 2020 00:03 So, is anyone else ready to take up the challenge ?
Almost :-)

It’s on somewhat lengthy “to-do” list!
lezanderson

Post by lezanderson »

Cool ! :D

You certainly work fast, it seems like only a day or two ago I posted them to Bill !

I've got some more ZX Harlequin (Spectrum clone) PCBs , if anyone is interested.

I'n trying to get some Just CPC (Amstrad Clone) Boards and some Omega MSX-2 (Mainboard+Keyboard PCBs) for those that are interested.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Not that I have been paying much attention recently, but last year (or was it 2018) there was a moan about there being no published schematic for the Just CPC PCB. I recall on another forum, a member having difficulty fault finding it when it did not work.

Mark
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:

lezanderson

Post by lezanderson »

1024MAK wrote: 11 Feb 2020 18:55 Not that I have been paying much attention recently, but last year (or was it 2018) there was a moan about there being no published schematic for the Just CPC PCB. I recall on another forum, a member having difficulty fault finding it when it did not work.

Mark
I believe there's soon to be released, a 'New' version of the Just CPC Board, or so I've been told by Zaxoniec. Whether this will have 'Bugs' in it I can't say, but time will tell !

I'm still hunting around for some Omega MSX-2 boards, you can get the ICs from the link below. Though you may be able to get the chips cheaper if you shop around ! >>Hopefully Somebody may make a complete kit of parts+PCB in the future ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-MSX2-Hom ... Sw2bReP8n0

Someone just told me that they'd bought the PCBs for the Omega MSX-2 directly from Sergey Kisilev ( $20 mainboard and $15 keyboard).

Bill B

Post by Bill B »

A couple more PCBs have arrived from Lez:
  • Another ZX Spectrum Clone: SuperFo Harlequin Rev 6.
  • A much smaller board: RC6502 Apple 1 Replica, Revision F (pictured). Lez suggested Martin should have first refusal on this one.
Apple_1.png
Apple_1.png (2.7 MiB) Viewed 10739 times
I also still have from the first batch:
  • ZX Max 48 - This one uses a CPLD.
  • Superfo Harlequin +3
Let me know if you would like any of these.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

That RC6502 Apple 1 Replica PCB looks very familiar... just like the one that I have recently been buying parts for...
I’ve not found the time to build it yet :-(

Mark
“There are four lights!”