Question #1: .MTX and/or .RUN to .WAV conversion

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
kokkiklhs

Re: Question #1: .MTX and/or .RUN to .WAV conversion

Post by kokkiklhs »

So, does anyone have a .wav with Jet Set Willy, tested and working on real hardware for me to try?
:roll:
SuperFella

Re: Question #1: .MTX and/or .RUN to .WAV conversion

Post by SuperFella »

Please let us know if you have any luck with this - I’ve been trying to get JSW and Manic Miner running for weeks and I have the same problem as you. After converting the existing MTX files with AppMake (which reports errors with extra data), the WAVs appear to load but then crash, with a load of hexadecimal in the case of MM and the heavily-corrupted title screen with JSW.

There’s YouTube footage that’s clearly from emulation so this should be a solvable problem, but I think the first step is getting some “clean” source files that don’t cause AppMake errors - or better yet, are just WAVs in the first place rather than conversions of another format. Someone must have copies of the two games they’re willing to record audio files from, only takes a couple of minutes in any basic sound-recorder app.