Status update on my old development disks

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
tonbut

Status update on my old development disks

Post by tonbut »

I found a stash of old development disks that haven't been read since 1987 or so which I took along to Memofest 2014. I went through them with Andy Key and only two could be read at all. Unfortunately the machine that had the working 5.25 disk drive couldn't actually run my old SDX .BAS files. Dave Stevenson kindly offered to extract them into modern digital form so I posted them up and he managed to convert them into .mfloppy images that MEMU can read. I had to do a bit of fiddling with some of Andys disk utility programs but finally got to run what was on them....

So I had some initial excitement when loaded up an old 64 column word processor app that I wrote and loaded a couple of letters that I'd sent to Jim Wills asking him when I'd see some royalties for Downstream Danger! After that I found a couple of very basic physics simulations and few sound playing programs that didn't work very well under MEMU. Apart from that not a lot else unfortunately :-( I was hoping that one of the disk would have a copy of a game that i'd started to write or some old, unfinished or early versions of games but no such luck.

So the only real result is this word processor app - I designed my own font which is only 4x8 pixels to achieve the 64 columns.
screenshot of word processor
screenshot of word processor
Screen Shot.png (19.61 KiB) Viewed 9075 times
Let me know if this a worthwhile addition to the library. I'm not sure how to convert it to a standalone file but I'm sure it can be done.

Cheers, Tony
AndyKey

Re: Status update on my old development disks

Post by AndyKey »

MEMU isn't good at sound programs that very rapidly reprogram the sound chip, like the Speech capture and playback program that I think Tony Brewer worked on, the Toado fly noise, and the Lemmings "Lets go" sample.

Yes, I'd say a word progressor App like this is a worthy addion to the library.
Whatever files you had on the SDX should run on MEMU or REMEMOrizer etc..
Not sure you need a single file version.
{{{ Andy
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: Status update on my old development disks

Post by Crazyboss »

tonbut wrote:I wrote and loaded a couple of letters that I'd sent to Jim Wills asking him when I'd see some royalties for Downstream Danger!
and you still didn see any royalties yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk