Power Pac converted from SORD M5 :)

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Power Pac converted from SORD M5 :)

Post by Crazyboss »

Attachments
Game Play
Game Play
powerpac-play.png (28.05 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
The big POWER PAC Letters are build up 4 bytes per line, binary - quite clever. Saving a lot of space if BIT is 1 its a block else its a empty space.
The big POWER PAC Letters are build up 4 bytes per line, binary - quite clever. Saving a lot of space if BIT is 1 its a block else its a empty space.
powerpac-tit.png (34.35 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
powerpac-other.png
powerpac-other.png (49.6 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
powerpac-cpm.png
powerpac-cpm.png (46.36 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
1024MAK

Re: Power Pac converted from SORD M5 :)

Post by 1024MAK »

I'm no good at any pac man version :(

But keep up the good work Claus 8-)

Mark

Edit: change incorrect "any" to correct "at" :oops:
Last edited by 1024MAK on 11 Mar 2015 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Claus,

As Mark says, "keep up the good work" !

With your superfast M5 conversion skills, able to convert Power Pac in just one month, can we put in requests now please? :)

I'm not a big fan of Pacman and similar games, there are quite a few for MTX already, including your two conversions, so maybe the next one could be a different genre?

A long time favourite is Zaxxon, but I don't think there was an M5 version, I have just seen something else that looks good though, "Bosconian", with your experience of M5 conversions and quick turn around time, shall we say 1 month from today for delivery? :D :D :D

Regards
Dave
lezanderson

Post by lezanderson »

An impressive port ... looks good ! But How many games are out there for the Sord M5 ? The Sord M5 was a rare beast ... must be hard getting games for it ?? And how many were any good ?? which ones are worth porting ??
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

lezanderson wrote:An impressive port ... looks good ! But How many games are out there for the Sord M5 ? The Sord M5 was a rare beast ... must be hard getting games for it ?? And how many were any good ?? which ones are worth porting ??
The roms can be found on internet, not many is worthy to convert :(

Its easier to convert cause the hardware is 100% like Memotech MTX (besides the slower z80, running 3.56 like MSX)

MSX is still the best source, but there are also great games for the ColecoVision and SEGA SG-1000 and SEGA SC-3000 systems.

Also could program some games from the scratch but, its far more complicated than convert games :) Currently the only homeprogrammed game I have been working on for some years is a rubiks cube for Memotech/MSX/ColecoVision.

I need to find a way to let the computer help or solve the cube :)
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk