Memotech Software Archive

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
Dave

Memotech Software Archive

Post by Dave »

Hi folks,

I made a throw away comment on the Facebook page about the "archive" of MTX software. At this point, the "archive" is virtual and well distributed. Andy has most of the binary files packaged with MEMU, Claus has many of the files in sound format and there are a number elsewhere. That got me thinking that it is probably worthwhile creating a more structured way of maintaining our inventory of software.

So, I'm looking for input on whether this is worth doing and the best way of achieving it. I was thinking of creating two packages of files, one containing all of the binaries, (.mtx, .com, etc.) and one containing all of the sound files (.wav, .mp3).

Then how to make them available? Add zip archives and the individual files to my software web page as downloads, and/or make them available by ftp?

Let me know what you think, whether this is worth doing, or whether you have any other suggestions

regards
Dave
thewiz

Re: Memotech Software Archive

Post by thewiz »

I think this would be a very good idea. I did start a GameBase for it but it could do with a bit of a clean up and updating. As well as the software I'd like to see scans of covers, manuals etc. We have a lot of this already so we could then start concentrating of the missing stuff.

Would a private wiki be a good start? Would need some kind of format for us to follow but then we could all contribute.

TTFN
THIS is what Memotech is doing now.
Dave

Re: Memotech Software Archive

Post by Dave »

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Yes, the Gamebase is great, I guess it needs quite a bit of effort to keep it current though. As you know, I'm trying to collate as much as I can on my Software page, including those scans and program manuals that you sent me, which got me to the question on how best to serve the software.

A private Wiki does seem like a good idea for collecting the information though, as you say, we would be able to collaborate much more easily that way.

Any thoughts on how we take it forward?

regards
Dave