It's a bit quiet in here...

JonB

It's a bit quiet in here...

Post by JonB »

..is everyone making plans for Xmas?

I'm at home and hoping to do some serious MTXing. Oh, and stuffing turkey, sausage, booze, ham and home made pork pie down my gullet, along with lots of Xmas pud, Stilton, etc,etc,etc.

Bad news though: My plan for GLOBAL WORLD retro DOMINATION took a setback today. The Tatung Einstein setup I was hoping to get isn't going to arrive any time soon, thanks to changes of plans made by the current owner. It's a bit of a shame, to be honest! And since he lives up North and I'm about as far South as it's possible to be without getting your feet wet, I can't see a way of getting my mitts on the swag. There's a load of stuff there, including a monitor, so it's not really suitable for a courier. Can't risk having it smashed up by some lowlife; we've all seen the "dump and run" videos!

Oh well, I shall have to get back to watching eBay... And of course, Dave's doing a wizard job sorting out The Source. You'll all soon be able to grab a copy to play with! Now the only question is... What wikkid little proggie will YOU write?

Merry Xmas lads!

JonB

PS, do we need an off topic forum? ;)
1024MAK

Re: It's a bit quiet in here...

Post by 1024MAK »

JonB wrote:..is everyone making plans for Xmas?
So far only busy putting up decorations (haven't found time to do any other Christmas stuff so far...), but also busy with other retro computers, electronics, fixing the gates, plus loads of other real life stuff...
JonB also wrote:PS, do we need an off topic forum? ;)
Yes! :!:

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Aye, well Dave has me slaving away over the MAGROM software.

Maybe he'll allow me a few days rest before making me start on the V5 prototype :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Rest?

Lightweight! - you're already wasting numerous hours in the day by SLEEPING!

If it wasn't for all that non-productive time, I'm sure that the version number could have been in double figures by now :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: