MTX Games: Best I've seen/heard: Rolla Bearing

stephen_usher

MTX Games: Best I've seen/heard: Rolla Bearing

Post by stephen_usher »

I've been going through the games supplied on the CFX CF card to see which will load from BASIC and which won't, so as to determine which to have ready for the exhibition. (Most of the MTX files don't work, unfortunately, many trying to load more data from tape.)

I came across rb.bas which loads but doesn't auto-run, unfortunately.

However, once I did run it... Wow!

Rolla Bearing is the best looking game I've seen on the Memotech by far, and how the heck did the author manage to make the sound chip sound like an AY-38910?!
Martin A

Re: MTX Games: Best I've seen/heard: Rolla Bearing

Post by Martin A »

All RB.BAS does is read in the real game file RB.DAT and run it.

load in RB.BAS,
add in
30 STOP
40 USER SAVE"RB.BAS"
50 GOTO 10

Start that with GOTO 40, and from then on it'll auto run.

And I agree, the sound track is pretty good !
Dave

Post by Dave »

stephen_usher wrote: 10 Jun 2019 22:39 I've been going through the games supplied on the CFX CF card to see which will load from BASIC and which won't, so as to determine which to have ready for the exhibition. (Most of the MTX files don't work, unfortunately, many trying to load more data from tape.)

Rolla Bearing is the best looking game I've seen on the Memotech by far, and how the heck did the author manage to make the sound chip sound like an AY-38910?!
Hi Steve,

I always meant to update the list of files, but never got round to it. There is a link to an Excel Spreadsheet towards the bottom of the CFX Page http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/p ... fx/cfx.htm. If you want to help out, feel free to update the spreadsheet and mail it back to me :D
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Dave wrote: 10 Jun 2019 23:04
stephen_usher wrote: 10 Jun 2019 22:39 I've been going through the games supplied on the CFX CF card to see which will load from BASIC and which won't, so as to determine which to have ready for the exhibition. (Most of the MTX files don't work, unfortunately, many trying to load more data from tape.)

Hi Steve,

I always meant to update the list of files, but never got round to it. There is a link to an Excel Spreadsheet towards the bottom of the CFX Page http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/p ... fx/cfx.htm. If you want to help out, feel free to update the spreadsheet and mail it back to me :D
I'll see what I can do.