Crowd Sourcing ....

lezanderson

Crowd Sourcing ....

Post by lezanderson »

Hi.

I was recently discussing the cost of designing a MTX type system (Z80, V9958 video etc) I was given several ball part figures from companies from £ 7k-10k with a 4 week design time. I initially though it may be possible to get a small business start-up grant from my local Business Enterprise Agency.. but after talking to them this seems rather complex as it mainly involved getting bank loans, which seems to defeat the whole Grants idea ! Then I talked to several electronics design companies and they suggested 'Crown Sharing' which looks rather 'Far-out' As it involves many individual effectively donating money to the project, which at face value looks unrealistic.

I was later talking to someone that I sold a Z80 kit to, they said that they where designing a Camputers Lynx using the Kit. Having already produced a Camputer Lynx Emulator called 'PALE'.. I asked them to keep me updated on how they get on... I'll keep you posted if they pull it off!

I then emailed the RCM (Retro Computer Museum) about the whole Retro computer idea, of creating a 'New' improved Generation of Vintage Computer based on and compatible with their original designs, but sadly no reply. My experience of Charities is that they are only Charitable and friendly when taking your Money... they are not so friendly when you ask them for some, this is because most Charities are owned/Run by Lawyers and Accounts ! ** Note the 'Dove' trust a Charitable holding fund, as recently been suspended by the Charities commission for financial irregularities !
Last edited by lezanderson on 01 Dec 2016 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
lezanderson

Re: Crowd Sourcing ....

Post by lezanderson »

An idea that the web uses as a means to fund projects. Though I seriously doubt that anyone has genuinely raised any significant funds this way. There's just too many scams and stuff on the web for anyone to take this seriously.