Joystick

About original Memotech hardware.
Retrocosm

Joystick

Post by Retrocosm »

What sort of joystick do I need for the MTX512?

Charlie
Dave

Re: Joystick

Post by Dave »

Same as the Amiga, Atari, etc. - just a 9-pin D "dumb" joystick

regards
Dave

ps - I have a couple that I have been asked to sell for another MTX'er (Diarmid), if you don't have one, and want to buy one - make me an offer.
They are not worth much, but as they are not mine, I can't just give one away
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Switched type with a 9 pin D type connector, typically called the "Atari" standard.

The types used with the Atari 8 bit, Atari ST series, Amiga, ZX Spectrum Joystick interfaces (but not the type used with the +2 or +3) etc...

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Retrocosm

Post by Retrocosm »

Ok great, I've got some joysticks I used to use with my Amiga. I'll try those, thanks for the offer though Dave.

Charlie
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

I dont know if anything will happend, but MSX not MTX but MSX have two real fire lines. The MSX standard have firekey 1 and 2 so if you Connect a MSX joystick (e.g there was a good joystick around called Arcade). The problem with the MSX joysticks with two firekeys (if the was not just wired together) Then could make damage to e.g Commodore 64, cause it will put the 5+v to gnd. I dont know if MTX have 5v output at all. it might to get autofire and so on to work?

The Arcade look like this>

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... parant.png
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
Dave

Post by Dave »

The Memotech joysticks are just wired to the same lines as the keyboard uses.

For J4, each "Button" is wired to one of the keyboard drive lines and the common to a single sense line, the MTX interprets the signals as normal keystrokes.

For J5, each "Button" is wired to one of the sense lines and the common to one of the drive lines

regards
Dave