ROM Listing

About original Memotech hardware.
Martin A

ROM Listing

Post by Martin A »

I've finally finished reverse engineering some source files to re-create the MTX roms.

The labels are 99% the same as the listing available from Andy's site, the only changes made were to alter some duplicate names, as this listing is in a single file and remove the "$" that appeared in some labels.

The commented out code isn't included.

The source can be compiled with the Zilog ZDS assembler, the Zip file contains the source code, output listing, and linker settings that I used.

The target had to be set to Z180, as the currently available version of ZDS wont target the Z80 any more. ZDS is available free here:http://www.zilog.com/index.php?option=c ... ask=iframe

The output "Rom" is a single file 24k in length. The first 8k is the "OS Rom", then the "ASSEM rom" from page 1, and the last 8k is the "BASIC rom" that sits in rom page 0.
Attachments
disasszds.zip
(403.69 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Dave

Re: ROM Listing

Post by Dave »

Hi Martin,

Great Stuff !

Thanks a lot for sharing - I know that there were lots of hours went into this,

regards
Dave
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

ImageImageImage

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Tony Brewer

Post by Tony Brewer »

I have taken the liberty of writing a short program to convert Martin's single source file to M80 format, as used at Memotech. The result assembles and links perfectly using M80 and L80 in CP/M.
Mtxrom.zip
Contains source file Mtxrom.mac and listing file Mtxrom.prn (with page breaks and form-feeds removed)
(179.89 KiB) Downloaded 612 times