MTX Case Screws

About original Memotech hardware.
1024MAK

MTX Case Screws

Post by 1024MAK »

For those members that want to replace missing, damaged or corroded MTX case screws, here are the details of suitable replacements :D

The original type are M3 thread size, black, 8mm long socket button head machine screws.

Replacement 8mm screws are a bit hard to get. But on most machines, 10mm long screws fit okay, but may be slightly tight as you finish screwing them in (as the screw cleans the last bit of the thread in the threaded hole).

You don't have to use the same type. I use M3, 10mm, black, Pozidriv Pan head screws 8-)

I have some of these available for 4 pence each plus the price of post & packing (cost of an envelope about 10 pence, a second class stamp is currently 50 pence), so the cost for a set of 6 (including P&P) is 84 pence.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Dave

Re: MTX Case Screws

Post by Dave »

I prefer the Allen socket (2mm) head screws like the originals.

As you say, I have not found 8mm, but 10mm has worked fine for me on a number of machines.
Whilst these are not the ones I bought (the seller I used does not appear to have any for sale at the moment), these will do the job too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/m3-3mm-x-10-b ... 823wt_1161

Not as cheap as Mark's offer, but more like the originals

Regards
Dave