Merry Christmas

Rich_G

Merry Christmas

Post by Rich_G »

Merry Christmas fellow MTX'ers

Acquired my second MTX just in the last week, a mint 500 to complement my 512. Beautiful machines.
Spent a good hour plugging in programmes from the manual with the smell of warm electronics in my nose. Superb!

Happy holidays.

Richard.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi.

Yes, you mention something here, Memotech can have a special smell when they are not in use for longer time, could be dust "cooking" inside the Electronics ?

Currently I have two Memotech MTX 512's working, and 2-3 more in Parts, since lack of time, no time to try to fix them, I bet at least one more could be fixed.

One of my current working MTX 512's have DANISH rom, and danish keyboard layout, actually for a 1980's computer it was quite rare that they supported e.g Danish Keyboard. I never saw Commodore 64, Amstrad or Spectrums with Danish Keyboard, but Memotech supported that. I think it gave Memotech a bit of advantage, but not enought to survive in the 80's. Funny enough in Denmark, every computer magazine said the Memotech was a very good computer, but I think it was a bit to expensive at the time and also lack of populary software titles and software house support. We never saw Winter/Summer games for Memotech. And only a few companies supported the System with software and games.

If you did not already get one, you should get Andy Key's Rememorizer http://www.nyangau.org/rememorizer/rememorizer.htm then you can save your basic type-in-programs :) and play games from a SD card.

If you only want to play games you could get the Megrom extension http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/p ... magrom.htm

at my homepage you can also download some wave files and load them using the ear socket at the Memotech you will find them here: http://www.mtxworld.dk/download.php
there are also new converted games never published in the 80's for the Memotech, mainly titles from MSX and ColecoVision.

And of cause a Merry Christmas to you and every body else :)
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Best wishes to all MTX'ers, have a happy Christmas and a great New Year :D

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Merry MTXmas everyone!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Folks........

It's Christmas time ! . . . .

"So here it is Merry Christmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now,
It's only just begun.
"

Merry Christmas everybody!
thewiz

Post by thewiz »

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to everyone.

Thanks to everyone who provided wavs this year and heres to another great year for the MTX.
THIS is what Memotech is doing now.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

And want to add: Hopefully people will stick to support the Memotech in 2015 :) I have plans for a few conversions - lets see how far it will go. Also the upcoming 2015 Memofest.

And with projects like MTX+ it can only be another great Memotech YEAR.

And hopefully could bring my FDX box back to life and maybe some of the dead spares Memotech MTX 512's.

But lets see, still have a family with two smaller kids.....
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Grave-digging a bit but Merry Christmas to one and all. Hope you are all safe and well...

...and yes I may have had a 🍺 or two. :)
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
Dave

Post by Dave »

gunrock wrote: 26 Dec 2021 20:36 Grave-digging a bit but Merry Christmas
More than “a bit” I think! Continuing a thread after 7 years? :lol:

But Happy Christmas all the same!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Christmas Day ‘Twas the day to devour a pagan feast. I say to all, I hoped you enjoyed your day!
Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol: