Can't change to MTX Basic

Everything about Andy Key's REMEMOrizer
AndyGarton

Can't change to MTX Basic

Post by AndyGarton »

Hi guys, there's a strong chance this is user error as I've only just started using my REMEMOrizer, but it starts up fine in CP/M via the VGA connection, but when I type "MTXL" to (I think!) switch to BASIC, I get "No file, changing to MTX512 status" with a stuck flashing cursor. No display appears on my TV, and I think I've tuned it in correctly (it was working before on this TV before I installed the REMEMOrizer).

Help appreciated!

Cheers,
Andy
Dave

Re: Can't change to MTX Basic

Post by Dave »

Hi Andy,

you are using the MTX output, rather than REMEMOrizer VGA output, at that point are you?

The "No File" just means that you have not selected a game file to run on the CP/M command line, it should still drop to the normal "Ready" prompt on the 40 coulmn screen, ie., the MTX TV or Composite Video output

regards
Dave
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Thanks Dave - I have the REMEMOrizer connected to a monitor via VGA, and the MTX itself connected to a TV via an RF lead, is that what you mean?
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Ok so I had the bright idea (!) of disconnecting the REMEMOrizer and just trying the TV, and I can't get a picture. So it's nothing to do with REMEMOrizer. Unsure exactly what to try next though.
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Sorted now! I was being a muppet, and am too ashamed to post the details.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Glad you're sorted, we won't press you for the details :-)

regards
Dave
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Go on, get your dirty laundry out in public :lol:

We won't laugh any more than we are now Image

Let me see, composite video plugged into the wrong socket on either the MTX (in the audio "Hi-Fi" output) or the telly,
trying to use composite video from the MTX, but have the TV switched to the UHF aerial/tuner mode,
trying to use the UHF aerial/tuner input, but have the telly switched to the Aux / composite video input,
not actually having the same lead plugged into both the MTX and the telly!

And of course, when the MTX switches to it's internal VDP, the display on the VGA "freezes" making you think that there is a problem.

Don't worry, I have either done some of these things myself, or have see someone else do something similar :roll: :lol:

So spill the beans :mrgreen:

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Great guess Mark! Composite output from MTX plugged into tuner input on the telly. Oops.