Help with CPMCP

Everything about Andy Key's REMEMOrizer
wyerd
Posts: 88
Joined: 13 May 2013 23:16
Location: Upstate New York. USA.

Help with CPMCP

Post by wyerd » 21 Jun 2017 16:07

I'm able to use CPMCP to extract data from a disk image file, but I can't figure out how to add a file to the disk image. The syntax for CPMCP is very confusing!

To extract I've used:-
CPMCP -f memotech-type18 partition0.dat 0:file.mtx c:\cpmtools\partition0

What's the syntax to add?

Thanks!

Bill B
Posts: 185
Joined: 26 Jan 2014 16:31

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by Bill B » 21 Jun 2017 21:41

Try

CPMCP -f memotech-type18 partition0.dat c:\cpmtools\partition0\file.mtx 0:

Bill.

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 756
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 18:16
Contact:

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by Dave » 21 Jun 2017 21:42

Hi David,

you are better off trying Andy's improved version that's he's called CPMCBFS - it's on his website.

The way I do things are to use CPCBFS to mount the SD card or file image as a drive under windows, then use copy/paste to move files like I would between normal windows drives

Some of my notes are on this page

http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/t ... ansfer.htm

regards
Dave

wyerd
Posts: 88
Joined: 13 May 2013 23:16
Location: Upstate New York. USA.

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by wyerd » 21 Jun 2017 22:03

Bill B wrote:Try

CPMCP -f memotech-type18 partition0.dat c:\cpmtools\partition0\file.mtx 0:

Bill.
Thanks Bill.

wyerd
Posts: 88
Joined: 13 May 2013 23:16
Location: Upstate New York. USA.

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by wyerd » 21 Jun 2017 22:08

Dave wrote:Hi David,

you are better off trying Andy's improved version that's he's called CPMCBFS - it's on his website.

The way I do things are to use CPCBFS to mount the SD card or file image as a drive under windows, then use copy/paste to move files like I would between normal windows drives

Some of my notes are on this page

http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/t ... ansfer.htm

regards
Dave
Interesting. So how does it handle a SD card with multiple portions or blocks? Andy does say in his Remomorizer notes that it can also enumerate block devices and map drive letters to them.

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 756
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 18:16
Contact:

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by Dave » 21 Jun 2017 23:19

By the type number

memotech-type18 is partition 0
memotech-type19 is partition 1

etc. as is shown at the bottom of my webpage

(you might have missed that if you looked earlier, there was a formatting problem with the webpage that put the bottom lines below the footer - fixed now though)

wyerd
Posts: 88
Joined: 13 May 2013 23:16
Location: Upstate New York. USA.

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by wyerd » 21 Jun 2017 23:40

Dave wrote:By the type number

memotech-type18 is partition 0
memotech-type19 is partition 1

etc. as is shown at the bottom of my webpage

(you might have missed that if you looked earlier, there was a formatting problem with the webpage that put the bottom lines below the footer - fixed now though)
Ah ok! Got it! Thanks.

wyerd
Posts: 88
Joined: 13 May 2013 23:16
Location: Upstate New York. USA.

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by wyerd » 22 Jun 2017 16:57

Dave wrote:there was a formatting problem with the webpage that put the bottom lines below the footer - fixed now though)
It still looks a bit strange.....

Does the SD card have to be 2GB or less as anything higher isn't read by the REMEMORizor?

CPMCBFS certainly makes managing CP/M files a lot easier!

Martin A
Posts: 417
Joined: 09 Nov 2013 21:03

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by Martin A » 22 Jun 2017 18:57

I'd hazard a guess that the larger cards are all SDHC and not SD.

The were apparently changes to the standard, when they increased the capacity.

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 756
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 18:16
Contact:

Re: Help with CPMCP

Post by Dave » 23 Jun 2017 09:56

From Andy's REMEMOrizer pages .....


"REMEMOrizer includes an SD Card. SD Cards between 64MB and 1GB are supported. Only 64MB of data may be stored on them. REMEMOrizer considers them to contain 8 8MB partitions. This is somewhat generous, as the entire Memotech software library will fit comfortably within one 8MB partition."

Post Reply