Cassette Loading problems

About original Memotech hardware.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: Cassette Loading problems

Post by Crazyboss »

Have you tried, just for a test, to load some of the waves from www.mtxworld.dk, I mean directly into the mtx from a smartphone or some other audio device. When I tried I had to download a sound booster for my android phone to give it enought volumn for the mtx to load.

On mtxworld.dk some are original samples, others are created using a tool from binary files, and i guess most of them are recorded directly from a Memotech MTX into the soundcard.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Nassimbakir wrote: 04 Mar 2022 17:06 I’m afraid it’s a chip or something is bad
On the subject of "or something" the 3.5mm jack socket might be that something.

Dirt on the contacts, or a broken/cracked solder joint or damaged connectors could all account for the symptons you've descrbed.
Nassimbakir

Post by Nassimbakir »

check all that from day 1 ...
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

The thing is, intermittent failures of chips are not very common. But intermittent problems with contacts or leads are fairly common.

Is the CTC in a socket? If yes, have you removed it carefully (so as not to bend any pins when it finally becomes free from the socket), cleaned the pins, then carefully refitted it.

What test gear do you have?

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Nassimbakir

Post by Nassimbakir »

a final update to you guys.
after diagnosing and searching for the loading problem , it was a AC leakage from diods and capacitors causing damage to the TL081CP which also damaged the Vram.

changed almost all capacitors and some diods , its working fine now (back to life)
it load first time also...

hurray ..

thanks guys for your help..