Memofest 2023, Where and When?

Crazyboss
Site Admin

Memofest 2023, Where and When?

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi guys.

Is it time to talk about this ?

I dont know but now we have a forum to speak about it :)
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
Martin A

Re: Memofest 2023, Where and When?

Post by Martin A »

It's the 10th anniversary of that first Memofest at Jim’s in 2013…
Potholepete

Post by Potholepete »

It would be nice to have it at mine this year but there is just no way (unless I win the lottery and employ the DIY SOS team ;-) ) I can host anything at the moment... maybe next year though!?

J
K8dude

Post by K8dude »

It might be too late for this year, but my suggestion would be for each of us to book a hotel room in the same hotel, then bring along our "kit". We could then either book a day's conference room to meet up in, or all pile in to one room or a nearby village hall (cheaper) for the event itself.

Yes there would be a cost, but the benefit would be that the hotel could be near to an airport/railway station so that as many as possible can attend more easily.

Just a thought maybe for next year.

I am mostly free this October, (but not the weekend of the 7th, I am in London for an important conference).

Of course, I would love to visit Norway again as soon as possible, so can we go there one day please? ;-) Jan might like that too!
MTX500, MTX512, 3x Series 2, SDX single disk, FDX 2 disk, Andy's excellent ReMemorizer #7, VideoWall software on a laptop, 32k RAM exp (with some spare sockets empty), a bunch of spares to keep it all going, plus a boxed/working DMX80
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

I could possibly host a one-day event second half of October or sometime in November. My biggest reservation is that I don't actually have much Memotech kit: an MTX 512, 3.5" SDX, DMX, and a few Rarpberry Pi's running MEMU.

Or as another alternative, we could all join Stephen Usher at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge on 4th/5th November.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Bill B wrote: 17 Sep 2023 13:53 I could possibly host a one-day event second half of October or sometime in November. My biggest reservation is that I don't actually have much Memotech kit: an MTX 512, 3.5" SDX, DMX, and a few Rarpberry Pi's running MEMU.

Or as another alternative, we could all join Stephen Usher at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge on 4th/5th November.
I think both would be nice options. Some years ago I think someone from Centre for Computing History in Cambridge, offered us a room there for Memofest. I guess there is no limit, we can do it in November also :D (Make more time for me to work on something)
Potholepete

Post by Potholepete »

The other possibility is perhaps getting hold of the chap from RMC the Cave and trying to set up a special weekend (or just a day) event for the MTX, Is it based near Stroud and has plenty of parking and his channel does loads of Retro related youtube content.

If I could get that weekend free of the 5th Nov I would be willing to bring the MTX(s) and disc systems and the Video Wall system I have (most non running before Dave comments lol, but at least people can see what some of the kit looked like as well as the MFX etc)
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi

That sounds fun too. Anyway we still have some time.
There are a lot of suggestions, I would prefer something close to a larger AirPort, since I would come in from LHR or Gatwick I guess.

Potholepete wrote: 19 Sep 2023 19:34 The other possibility is perhaps getting hold of the chap from RMC the Cave and trying to set up a special weekend (or just a day) event for the MTX, Is it based near Stroud and has plenty of parking and his channel does loads of Retro related youtube content.

If I could get that weekend free of the 5th Nov I would be willing to bring the MTX(s) and disc systems and the Video Wall system I have (most non running before Dave comments lol, but at least people can see what some of the kit looked like as well as the MFX etc)
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

Since nobody else has jumped up with a better offer, I guess that I am it :)

I am less than 50 miles North-East of London, and a 10 minute taxi ride from the nearest mainline station.

I can offer one of the following dates:
  • Saturday 28th October.
  • Sunday 29th October,
  • Saturday 11th November.
  • Sunday 12th November.
  • Saturday 18th November.
  • Sunday 19th November,
State your preferences here.
K8dude

Post by K8dude »

At the moment, all of those dates seem good to me.

Ønsker deg en god helg (that bit is for our Scandinavian guys and guyesses!).

Mike R
MTX500, MTX512, 3x Series 2, SDX single disk, FDX 2 disk, Andy's excellent ReMemorizer #7, VideoWall software on a laptop, 32k RAM exp (with some spare sockets empty), a bunch of spares to keep it all going, plus a boxed/working DMX80