MTX512 monitor cable

You want to buy,sell or trade Memotech Stuff?
oldster54

MTX512 monitor cable

Post by oldster54 »

Hi MTX'ers

Got my trusty MTX512 out today, found the games and PSU, but disaster, can't find the TV hook-up cable. What type is the monitor socket on the back of the MTX512, please, & where could I possibly get one,or even make one?
Dave

Re: MTX512 monitor cable

Post by Dave »

Hi,

the MTX video output is Composite Video, so a TV composite video cable will work with the composite video input to a TV. Normally, they are a yellow phono connector, the only difficulty is that Memotech used a BNC connection on the back of the MTX. You should be able to pick up a BNC-to-phono adapter quite easily,

regards
Dave
oldster54

Post by oldster54 »

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for the info. I'll try Maplins in the morning

Regards

Viv (Mr)
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Dave wrote:...the only difficulty is that Memotech used a BNC connection on the back of the MTX. You should be able to pick up a BNC-to-phono adapter quite easily.
Err, the use of a BNC connector is not the difficult part, the difficult part is fitting it (plugging in) to the MTX, or worse, trying to unplug it!!!

Normally, BNC connectors are considered to be a far better quality connector compared to phono connectors (BNC was properly designed compared to phono connectors which are only supposed to be audio frequency connectors).

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol: