Hello from NL

Section where new members can tell us a little bit about themselves (and their own set-up) and existing members can say "hello and welcome" to them?
-B-

Hello from NL

Post by -B- »

Hi All,
I am British but living in the Netherlands for now, and I have just bought an MTX512 (4000-05 512/15986).
Retro computing is a hobby but I am not a gamer. I am much more interested in the hardware. My background is in electronics and soldering so I am not averse to repairing and building projects.
I have joined this forum to learn as much as I can about this computer. Some of you may know me from other forums once I upload my usual avatar. I see a few user names here that I know already.

So, I will have a good read and get back to you with questions.

Neil.
Dave

Re: Hello from NL

Post by Dave »

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Forum!

You've come to the right place for all things MTX. Quite a number of the users here are more focused on the hardware than playing games, so you're in good company

regards
Dave
-B-

Post by -B- »

Oof - the avatar criteria are a bit on the small side. 6k and 90x90 pixels doesn't give you much to play with, unless you have an 8-bit style picture like the gallery examples. Had to reduce my photo to fit 90x90, then save as monochrome PNG to get under 6k.

Anyway, some of you may still recognise it from other forums.
-B-

Post by -B- »

Oh wait, I made the background one solid colour and that meant I could save a colour image under 6k. Sorted.
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Hi Neil,

Welcome to you. I hope you enjoy your new MTX.

Haven't seen Metal Mickey since the 80s, but I doubt he has aged as well as the MTX! :D

Steve
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello Neil and welcome :D

Yes, I do recall seeing your Metal Micky avatar on an other 8 bit computer forum 8-)

Please do enjoy looking around the forum. Poke us if you need help with anything :D
Dave wrote: 26 May 2021 15:30 You've come to the right place for all things MTX. Quite a number of the users here are more focused on the hardware than playing games, so you're in good company
It’s not given away much when we do play a competitive game :lol:

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol: