New MTX owner reporting in

Section where new members can tell us a little bit about themselves (and their own set-up) and existing members can say "hello and welcome" to them?
protek

New MTX owner reporting in

Post by protek »

Hello everyone!

I just recently acquired my first Memotech, an MTX500. It came with no PSU but that's in the works.

As I said, this is my first MTX but I've seen one in an computer magazine ad back in the 80s and I've been itching to own one pretty much ever since. Back then I had a Vic-20 and a C64 before delving into the PC world. In 2002, I rekindled my relationship with the C64 again and nowadays I have about 20 different 8 and 16 bit computers from 80s and early 90s. Pretty much everything else has been relatively easy to get hold of but the Memotech, at least a reasonably priced one, has been eluding me. Words can't describe the feeling, when I got a text from a local fellow hobbyist that he's got one in a lot and knowing I was looking for one, offered it to me.

It's a plain MTX500 with no expansions or peripherals, and sadly missing the PSU too so I won't be able to test it out. It was also missing one of the case screws and the rest were rusty. Luckily I was able to find replacements that were a perfect match. It's in pretty good shape but the keyboard feels a bit tacky.

I'm looking forward to get to share thoughts with you guys. :)
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: New MTX owner reporting in

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi.

Welcome onboard, you can build a new replacement psu for your MTX500 :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
1024MAK

Re: New MTX owner reporting in

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome to our MTX forum, Tero :D

:D :D :D

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol: