Memotech Meeting in UK 2013

If the meeting will be setup will you join?

YES of cause :)
40%
NO
No votes
Maybe
No votes
I will try my best to join
60%

Total votes: 5

Crazyboss
Site Admin

Memotech Meeting in UK 2013

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi guys. Hopefully some of our English Memotech Friends, will set up a meeting in UK somewhere in 2013. Any suggestions to an Agenda for the meeting :?: Some of us already discussed the subject at Facebook, and I think we will try to see if we can have the meeting around the original Memotech Release date, just 30 years later :roll: .
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
Potholepete

Re: Memotech Meeting in UK 2013

Post by Potholepete »

Was hoping to do one this year but there is no way I can fit things in let alone what other people commitments are so think 2013 is a good idea and I would be happy to be involved. As the MTX is from Witney in Oxfordshire perhaps somewhere close by would be good and there could even be a visit to the old offices if anyone is interested. PHP
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

What do you people think about, should it be a Weekend? or a single day or so?
I think a weekend is better, we have a lot to see and talk about :) Talk about "OLD" days :) I hope to join and see other Memotech Freaks :)

Maybe when times come we should go to a newspaper or so, to let them know? or do a bit more advertising for the meeting if we want it to be something like public? or only for the members we know?

What to do at the meeting, I know Andy Key had some suggestions long time ago?

Actually we could watch the movie "Weird Science" :) I have it on DVD :lol:

But need to know in time, cause have to plan the trip there (travel from Sweden or Denmark), find hotel and so on ;)

But maybe it could be fun to borrow the original facilities, and if possible, even I know its not much to see, but those buildings I guess where some ideas was grown.

I guess we can't be a sponsor in the Premier League finals to catch other Memotech People from the past, how to catch more people ?

I am especially looking forward to meet some of the programmers and designers from the 80's

Any more suggestions are welcome :)
thewiz

Post by thewiz »

Its would be a good idea I think to let Retrogamer, a magazine in the UK, know about it. It would certainly spread the word to a larger audience.
THIS is what Memotech is doing now.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Paul, good point. let them know in time, and if possible let them join to make an article ?

Woow I didn know there was something like a retro game magazine in UK :) good, i Ones remember i saw a real magazine in nearby Swedish supermarket about retro gaming. But saidly they dont have it any more. I remember i was a bit chocked to see it on the shelf :lol:
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Maybe its an idea to have some way to let the public know, in the area. Tell people to come and watch what we are doing, and if they have some MTX stuff like, game tapes, disks and so, bring them, so we can get a sample. Until now the forum is a bit silent :( hope to attract more people......
Dave

Proposed Memotech Meet 2013

Post by Dave »

It has been proposed that Memotech MTX user’s organise a get together for 2013 to revisit and discuss the Memotech range of computers and current activities in the Memotech world. Since the majority of prospective attendees are located in the UK, the meet would almost certainly be held somewhere in England.

As organisation of such a meet is likely to require a fair amount of planning and organisation, as well as incur some upfront costs, this questionnaire has been developed to gauge the likely level of interest before making commitments that cannot be fulfilled.

At this stage, we are just looking at the feasibility of organising such an event and would appreciate your input into this questionnaire.

For the moment, completing the questionnaire would not mean that you were making a definite commitment to attend, just expressing interest so that we can determine whether it is realistic to take this idea forward.

However, so that we can get an accurate "feel" for whether this is feasible, please only say that you are interested if you genuinely believe that you have the desire and flexibility to attend, rather than just thinking that it is a good idea. There is little point in trying to progress this on the basis of some vague notes of interest which later peter out and us having to cancel.

Depending on the level of interest, I believe that we would need to appoint an organising committee to make sure that the event was properly organised. Please also indicate your willingness to take on some responsibility for organising the event.

If you are interested in attending the proposed event, please make a request for the pre-registration questionnaire from here :-

http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/m ... 12meet.htm