What to DO at Memofest 2017

JonB

Re: What to DO at Memofest 2017

Post by JonB »

Martin, I have gazillions of disks for the Tattie. Including Elite (which is copy protected, unfortunately). Most of them contain productivity software, but I have some games too. I also have a prototype SD card device that emulates a FDD, fits to the 50 way expansion port and has a ROM. It was made by SirMorris over at StarDot. Perhaps I should bring some of it?

A list of sorts..
Wordstar
Reportstar
Datastar
DBase
The Cracker (spreadsheet I think)
Tasword II
Tassign
Kuma Devpak / CP/M 80
Microsoft assembler/linker (M80 / L80 I think)
Zork 3 (adventure)
Elite

I've also gut a bunch of user magazines and the hardware manual.. as well as a Tatung Monitor, Tatung printer (it's a rebadged Epson I think) and the Tatung TK02 80 column add-on box.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

I'd like to see Charlie's Einstein magic SD card system ;)

I've got two Einstein's in storage that I have not played with yet (both sold as spares/repairs/untested).
One of them has an extra interface with what looks like a video co-ax cable going into a metal box. When I get home later, I'll find the photos I took when it arrived. Then post them here. It may be the same interface as the one that Jon has.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
JonB

Post by JonB »

1024MAK wrote:I'd like to see Charlie's Einstein magic SD card system ;)
Mark
OK, well in that case I will have to bring the Tattie itself, as a ROM is needed (which is currently fitted to mine). Gosh, have not played with that for years. Can't remember how to use the darned thing... it's called "EinSDien" I think.. nice one Charlie...

[Update: I've got it working. Uses DSK images to emulate floppies. Must map image file to emulated disk in ini file on SD card. HArdware not compatible with TK02 80 column card. Firmware is not compatible with Tatung CP/M (won't boot). CTRL-BREAK to boot new MOS, SHIFT-CTRL-BREAK to boot from Drive 0:]

Predictably enough, our very own Dave has written about it: http://primrosebank.net/computers/einst ... nsdein.htm

That URL sure rolls off the tongue!

So now we have...
Tandy Model II with IDE device support.
PCW 8512 with uIDE.
Tatung Einstien with SD support.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Mark
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:

JonB

Post by JonB »

Yep, TK02 80 col card, that's the one. Switch is for 80 cola composite / colour RGB mode, I think. Works on the Tatung monitor.

You have all the toys eh Mark?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Well, maybe I have a wide range of bits, but the only disk I have for the Einstein is the one you see in it...

And of course, I can't compete with Dave for Memotech MTX related bits, but I do have a couple of Memotech ZX81 keyboards, various Memotech ZX81 RAM packs, plus some of the other Memotech ZX81 interfaces/expansions.

Mark
“There are four lights!”

JonB

Post by JonB »

You should've said. I have stacks of Tattie software. Bring a memory stick.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

JonB wrote:You should've said. I have stacks of Tattie software. Bring a memory stick.
Okay :D

Mark
“There are four lights!”