MEMOFEST 2021

Martin A

MEMOFEST 2021

Post by Martin A »

So... England's COVID restrictions are currently scheduled to end in June, meaning they ought to be well out of the way by the "traditional" early Autimn Memofest date.

Now I don't want to stop anyone else volunteering, after all I've been the host a couple of times before.

However, to get the ball rolling, I could host an event here on the south coast on 25th September if required.
Martin A

Re: MEMOFEST 2021

Post by Martin A »

It's roughly a month until Sat 25th September, when I -could- host a Memofest, does anyone think we should try this??
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Sounds like a lovely idea Martin.

I think it's fair to say, you might not get many international "delegates". As speaking from my experience of recent trip back to the UK in July, there's a risk you can't get back home easily, especially if you transit through other countries first.

If a new variant becomes rampant in the UK during the time of the Memofest, it can change travel rules overnight (well, a few days).

Steve
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

I’m available for Saturday 25th September. And I’m double jabbed.

Having said that, at work, the vast majority of meetings are still via video conferencing. And when an occasional face to face meeting does take place, we all sit two metres apart…

But nonetheless, worth thinking about.

I’m rather busy with work, trying to get the garden ready for winter, plus various DIY jobs. So am not visiting the Facebook group at the moment. What do others think?

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

It's all very quiet, I suspect caution is winning out ove the need to talk MTX. But we shall see! From this end the go/no go decision doesn't have to be made for another couple of weeks.

Those that have been to my place before know the "computer room" is rather cramped. If it happens, taking over the lounge/diner for the day would seem to be the best way to spread out.
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Alas the final score is:

Caution 1 - 0 Memofest

There won't be a gathering here on the south coast next weekend :(
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

Martin, it was very generous for you to offer to host Memofest yet again. But as you say everyone is still feeling cautious. Hopefully by next year the situation will have improved.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Oh well, no Memofest, but if anyone's going to the Retro Computer Festival at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge on the 9th/10 October I'll be taking my two machines for display on the Saturday. So, if you want to say hello that'd be nice.

I'll have my CFXs there and will probably have the MTX512 with the special internal CFX+memory board open and on show.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Yes, but could we do a virtual Memofest 2021, not that i did anything interesting this year.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk