Did anyone ever complete Star Command?

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Did anyone ever complete Star Command?

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi There.

I find a lot of Memotech games very hard to complete. Maybe (mainly) Continental Software, felt they had to make the games so hard, to not let the consumer, think they payed top£££ for a game could be completed in a few hours?

But did anyone complete Star Command, I have disassembled the game, and found a way not to use any energy :) but even with this kind of cheat its quite hard game. I actually doubt its possible to complete without a cheat.!!!

Another very hard game is Super Minefield. Actually Super Minefield calculates all 9 levels, when you start that why you have the "WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT" screen, I changed that when I ported the game to ColecoVision, mainly cause the ColecoVision only have 1024bytes of ram.

Blobbo is also quite hard game, A bit unfair too, The Ghosts can kill you if they are next to you, even around the corner.

Back In the days I had:

Super Minefield
Draughts
Kilopede
Toado
Star Command
Astromilon
Reversi
Nemo
Astropac
Blobbo
Fathoms Deep.

The first 4 at the list was included with the Memotech MTX 512 when I got it 27th april 1987. The other games I pickup in two local computershops which still had Software for the Memotech (By Local I mean 14km and 19km away) sometimes i becycle there, but mostly my mother drove me. As I remember the games was between 6£ and 10£ that time, but it was in 1987 where the Memotech have been dead for quite long time.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
thewiz

Re: Did anyone ever complete Star Command?

Post by thewiz »

I've heard other people on other forums say the same. Games back then were unforgiving and difficult.

Usually they never ended too, just got quicker/harder.

I always wanted to complete Nemo. It only has 8 screens for heavens sake. I think you start at South of the island and I remember getting to West once. Its on my list to put a map together.

I nearly completed Fathoms Deep. Thought I had all the pearls and got to the cage thingy at the end but was still missing something.

Completed Alice In wonderland, the only text adventure I have. I was missing one of the treasures and wrote to Genpat. Got an answer too. :)
THIS is what Memotech is doing now.
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Re: Did anyone ever complete Star Command?

Post by Crazyboss »

Maybe we should ask ANDY :)

About NEMO today I could give you the address to get never ending life :) I am quite sure i made a comment in the ColecoVision port of the game, while testing.

But actually Star Command was one of the games I did not play very much back in the days, cause it was so hard.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk