As this is mostly related to software I decided to post it here. I hope that's ok.
I'm currently creating videos of all the Memotech games I can get to work on my MTX512. First priority is to load them from the files downloaded from Claus' site. If I can't get those to work, I will try the same game converted to wav from mtx files.
The setup is this:
- Memotech composite output connected to Canopus ADVC-55 box
- Memotech sound output connected to Canopus ADVC-55 box
- Canopus ADVC-55 box connected through firewire to my Linux PC
- Installed dvgrab and run with command "dvgrab -s 0"
- .dv files imported to kdenlive video software
- Mono sound split to stereo through audio plugin on video layer
- Add title header with game, developer, publisher and year info
- Export and upload to Youtube
Playlist of the games I've exported so far can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4yeI0- ... VRVn9uv5g5
I had a bit of trouble figuring out how I would actually watch the gameplay while I was recording. I actually spend quite a bit of time trying to do a composite split to also route it to my TV. That is, until I quite cleverly (sarcasm) remembered that I could just use the TV modulator output directly to my TV. This works brilliantly and the grabbed composite output is really good in my opinion.
If it would be useful I also plan to upload the videos for download. Anyone interested in this?
Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1