Looking for a few games in WAV format

Include new and ported/converted games, and old games/tools. Subjects about CP/M software goes in the CP/M Forum.
SuperFella

Looking for a few games in WAV format

Post by SuperFella »

I've had quite a bit of success converting .MTX-format games into .WAV files with AppMake so that they can be enjoyed by Raspberry Pi owners via Retropie (for some reason none of the .WAV-format games available from various places work in the Retropie MESS emulator, but my MTX-to-WAV conversions do).

The strike rate, though, is only about 2 in 3. For no obvious reason, about a third don't work - they seem to convert and load okay, but then they crash or refuse to start. (AppMake has usually reported extra-data errors during the conversion.)

A kindly forum user already sent me original-WAV versions of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy, which worked beautifully where conversions hadn't. So now I'm on the lookout for a few games where converting the .MTX files didn't work. Does anyone have any of these in original .WAV format?

3D Tachyon Fighter
Downstream Danger
Dr Frankie
Goldmine
Jumping Jack Flash
Miner Dick
Ms Snapman
Phaid
Pothole Pete
Reveal
SMG
Son Of Pete

Any assistance much appreciated.
kokkiklhs

Re: Looking for a few games in WAV format

Post by kokkiklhs »

Also interested, for trying them out on my 512... Such a beautiful machine, with such a lack of software... And I know, sharing the WAVs would be kinda illegal, but finding and buying (regardless the price) these tapes as originals is nowadays even harder than finding an MTX machine...
Nassimbakir

Post by Nassimbakir »

hello
can i have those games on wave please :
3D Tachyon Fighter
Downstream Danger
Dr Frankie
Jumping Jack Flash
Miner Dick
Ms Snapman
Pothole Pete
SMG

im an new-old owner of MTX 500
thanks
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Nassimbakir wrote: 18 Feb 2022 23:44 hello
can i have those games on wave please :
3D Tachyon Fighter
Downstream Danger
Dr Frankie
Jumping Jack Flash
Miner Dick
Ms Snapman
Pothole Pete
SMG

im an new-old owner of MTX 500
thanks
I thinks some of those games are at http://www.mtxworld.dk/download.php but its not real samples of the tapes, it might be me converting them to tape, in the early 2000s.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
Nassimbakir

Post by Nassimbakir »

Hi Boss , and all other members of this great Forum

From my observation after a long nights working and surfing all around the internet to obtain .wave files that can easily loaded to my MTX 500 or MTX 512 (or converting .mtx to .wave files) , i found out that all files from your site " http://www.mtxworld.dk/download.php " is working fine after converting them to wave using Appmake.
but, all other great games didn't work no matter what i do . such as :
Pothole pete
son of pete
Downstream Danger
Dragons Ring
SMG
Jet set Willy
Doodlebug Destroyer
Duckybod
Football Manager
Dr Frankie
Highway Encounter
Jet Bikes
Karate King 64
Manic Miner
Miner Dick
Quantum
reveal
SLITHER
Soldier Sam
Super Bike
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Words & Pictures (even this)
and ALL Level 9 computing games ...(Lord of time, snowball, adventure quest , Emerald Isle , ...)
and more ...

I tried every file available in the net , and used every possible converter and cleaner ( Appmake , tapeviewer , tapecleaner , even H&D hex editor ...) to produce a good clean wave file ... without any progress ... . it seems like all these games are from the same source and they are not the original file !!!
so i need some help here for my Cassette library ( which will be available to everyone who needs an MTX games). by the way , if there still is a copy-write for some of those games please let me know , but i don't think that after 38 years there will be . let the MTX community enjoy all its games and utilities.

i asked for some help at this forum from guys said that they have the original tapes of some of the listed games above , to send me a wave file as they send to each other ( or to buy a spare cassette if they have) and nobody answered. i hope from you guys to share the wave file at least... thanks.

I'm also in lack of some games tape covers - other than what i got from Dave's and others thankfully - like (Blitz, Missile command, Munch mania, les flics, Combat, Fathoms deep, arcazione, bouncing billy , ... )

please help GUYS ... lets share and play to keet it UP.
Potholepete

Post by Potholepete »

Hi, in response to copyright believe it or not but there are indeed some games that are still copyright with their respective authors. All of Chris Sawyers games from every publisher (inc Megastar). As for megastar games tapes / games as long as its an original tape then there is no issue with making a backup for yourself however if someone intends on selling a copy of these games then they will need written permission from the authors.

Some people may ask why after so many years and I can answer that for some of our games we are currently in the process of converting them to run on new systems (PC/Phone/Tablet etc). As for Chris Sawyers games, I approached Chris some years ago about doing newer versions of some of his games and was advised that due to all of his past work being copyright and protected it was not something he was happy to allow.

I hope that clears up the issue, its good that all MTX users get a chance to play the games that are available for it but I personally would take a dim view of anyone creating new tapes or waves and then selling them or any kind of compilation tape/Sd card etc A fee to cover costs is fair but anything else and some of that should be handed over to the original authors of those programs. :-)
Nassimbakir

Post by Nassimbakir »

thanks for the clarification.
First of all ,I'm not intending to sell anything . I'm trying to build my own cassette library (wave base) from the .mtx files that is already on the net here and there , but unfortunately , these files are corrupted or missing triggers to load successfully on real machines - don't know why ???

i asked a lot for original spare copies to buy , but no one answered ... anyway , i will keep looking for new original tapes and wave files from all MTX enthusiasts to sell or donate to build up this library , so everyone can enjoy.

i will post a list of all programs i have as an excel sheet. please be free to mark,modify or correct by all.

thanks
Attachments
All MTX Games.xlsx
all MTX games - Draft
(467.69 KiB) Downloaded 208 times