Translations for article on Primrose Bank

gunrock

Translations for article on Primrose Bank

Post by gunrock »

Hi Dave,

Just a minor contribution to the community but I recently bought some 2nd hand magazines locally (in Denmark) from the 80s on the Memotech, partly to enjoy and partly in the hope to contribute to your archive. However, it seems you already have them (should have checked first!). Anyway, they were cheap and I've enjoyed looking at them whilst my Memotech has lain dormant pending a PSU.

However, whilst I don't speak Danish very well or Norwegian for that matter, my ability to read Danish is good enough and Norwegian close enough to Danish (don't shoot me Claus :D ), that I have some translations for the article from MicroData Nr. 2. I have translated all but two of the words in red on the translation on your site and I'm 98% confident they are correct. The two words, which are related and in the same paragraph, I have used context to best guess them.

Code: Select all

forretningsoompu- ter than a hjemmedatama- skin.
	- business computer than a home computer.

kursortastene
	- the cursor keys

an-tion (actually "en annen" in the text)
	- another

forretningspro- (actually "forretningsprogrammer" in the text)
	- business programs
or
	- business software

Iysegrønn (actually "lysegrønn" in the text)
	- light green

tender- Keble (actually "mørkblå" in the text - worst OCR mistake in the whole article!)
	- dark blue

hjmmedatama- skin
	- home computer

springs ("og dens utspringer Electron" in the text) and probably factually incorrect, the BBC Model B came before the Electron
	- and its originator the Electron

computerblacler ("computerblader" in the text)
	- computer magazines

høygrafikk (not sure about this but in context I think it just means graphics, as in "graphics mode")

høygrafikkobjekter (once again non-authoratative answer, I think it means "graphics objects")

mulighezen ("muligheten")
	- the opportunity

ferretningscomputrer ("ferretningscomputer" in the text)
	- business computer
I hope this helps.
Br.

Steve
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
gunrock

Re: Translations for article on Primrose Bank

Post by gunrock »

Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it