Eye-watering ebay prices

gunrock

Re: Eye-watering ebay prices

Post by gunrock »

Actually, Claus, you and Dave it seems, have the lions-share of Memotech hardware between all the forums members (honourable mentions to Andy, Martin, Bill and maybe Tony?) but I've always wondered, aren't you guys bidding on auctions against each other? :lol:

Steve
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
Dave

Post by Dave »

Actually, I very rarely bid on eBay, it would need to be something extra special to make me do that. The prices these days are just crazy - even for a devoted Memotech fan. Most of the machines and other hardware that I have have been generously donated by ex users who wanted to see the MTX stuff preserved, and repaired where necessary, rather than just being another lot on eBay.

To those folks, a heartfelt THANK YOU !
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

gunrock wrote: 23 Apr 2021 11:46 Actually, Claus, you and Dave it seems, have the lions-share of Memotech hardware between all the forums members (honourable mentions to Andy, Martin, Bill and maybe Tony?) but I've always wondered, aren't you guys bidding on auctions against each other? :lol:
Err, have you seen the survey results page...

Don’t forget to enter your own machine details ;-)

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Yes, I have Mark and it seems that you, Dave, Claus and Peter own the most MTX hardware, so I wasn't too far off? :mrgreen:

I did fill in the survey, but I'm not sure Dave is still collating results, as there hasn't been any updates sice 2018?
Steve G
Dave

Post by Dave »

gunrock wrote: 23 Apr 2021 18:59 Yes, I have Mark and it seems that you, Dave, Claus and Peter own the most MTX hardware, so I wasn't too far off? :mrgreen:

I did fill in the survey, but I'm not sure Dave is still collating results, as there hasn't been any updates sice 2018?
Apologies for not updating the stats!

It's a bit of a chore extracting the data and updating the web page. There have not been many responses since 2018 but I will update the page over the weekend
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Don't apologise Dave, I'm grateful for all the information your site provides and all the help you've given me since I've joined the community. :)
Steve G
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Steve,

I did need a kick to get the page updated!

All done now.

Incidentally, the data reveals that Claus has secretly been buying up the Memotech machines that are not in my collection! :lol:
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

I did wonder. Which is exactly how my comment at the top of this page came about, I suppose! :lol:

Edit: Actually, FYI, my machine ("Steve" not "Steve2") was bought from a local classifieds site in Denmark and is located in Denmark. Also since I opened it up to clean it and get it ready for my CFX-II, I found out it has 32k (as you might remember), so the info in my survey was incorrect - sorry!
Steve G
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Steve,

no problem, corrected now
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

I dont have that much hardware, I think i might have 5-6 computer that works, but no diskdrives, I have a dead SDX (FDX) box, a 80crt card, diskcontrollercard, and also a Silicone Card. But the box is not working, it need service, no time, so for now it have to be a future project.

I think Dave have most MTX hardware, Andy have some, as I know at least 2-5 computers include a "desktop" one, I guess it was ment to be a cp/m only MTX. He also have some diskdrives.

I think Jim have some FDX or videowall, and some computers.

Not sure what Bill and Mark have.

Mike have something too.

Paul Also might have something, at least one computer as i know.

I dont bid Ebay, unless i see no one else found that computer, but I will never pay crazy prices.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk