Memofest 2022 possible ? Where ? When ?

Crazyboss
Site Admin

Memofest 2022 possible ? Where ? When ?

Post by Crazyboss »

Hi Guys.

The Covid situation here, seems to be under controll, many have been vacinated, and alot of people have had Covid lately, fortunally its the soft version which is less harmfull than a normal flue, most people recovers with in a week.

So is there any hope for a Memofest 2022 this year. And if so any suggestions to dates and places, as it is now I work some weekends.

I know its early to even think about a Memofest, and ofcause we could all be sendt back with a new strike from a yet unknown version of Covid. But at least we can try to plan and see if its possible.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
1024MAK

Re: Memofest 2022 possible ? Where ? When ?

Post by 1024MAK »

The U.K. government has removed all COVID19 restrictions in England (health is devolved for elsewhere in the U.K. so the situation may be different in Scotland and Wales).

And some other ‘retro’ computer events are starting to plan in person physical events. So yes, it is reasonable to think about a Memofest later in 2022.

Fingers crossed that no new more aggressive strains of COVID19 appear.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

OK, so I've been sorting out with Jim a date sometime after the school holidays to have a look at repairing an MTX or 3 and a couple of disc units.

SO if anyone else wants to come along and join in on the repairs, and maybe turn it into a full Memofest, the dates we're currently looking at are the weekend of 8th/9th October or weekend of 5th/6th November.

Anyone interested in visiting 1066 country either of those weekends?

NB Bonfire night in town will be the 15th October, so Nov 5th won't be as busy as in other parts of the county.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

That’s a strange date for bonfire night :shock:
Is there some local reason for this?

In my part of the world, we have the Somerset Illuminated Carnivals, but these start on November 5th and continue through to the 19th.

Anyway, November 5th or 6th are the better dates for me.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

1024MAK wrote: 29 Jun 2022 09:34 That’s a strange date for bonfire night :shock:
Is there some local reason for this?

Mark
Some blokes called Harold and William had a big bust up nearby in the middle of October 1066. So the bonfires are in commemoration of that.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bust ups between Harrys and Williams seem to be a regular thing in royal circles !
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

OK, having had a conversation with Jim, we've settled on the weekend of 5th/6th November to try and sort out his MTXs.

So this is now an open invitation for anyone else that wants to come and make it a Memofest.

The memofest2017(at)btinternet(dot)com e-mail address from previous Memofests is still active for address details etc.

As well as doing repairs, there will be an MFX installed in my MTX to play with, and quite possibly some cake too!
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

I will see if I can make it this year, the good news is the Air-Plane tickets in that weekend is quite cheap at the moment. But lets see when we come closer....

Martin A wrote: 30 Jul 2022 15:24 OK, having had a conversation with Jim, we've settled on the weekend of 5th/6th November to try and sort out his MTXs.

So this is now an open invitation for anyone else that wants to come and make it a Memofest.

The memofest2017(at)btinternet(dot)com e-mail address from previous Memofests is still active for address details etc.

As well as doing repairs, there will be an MFX installed in my MTX to play with, and quite possibly some cake too!
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
K8dude

Post by K8dude »

I am very keen to come again, so please keep a chair for me too. I always learn something new.
Don't think I have anything Memotech which needs repairing though, apart from onevdodgy FDX drive, (which I have a spare for). Just the old Grundy Newbrain VFD display issues which I am investigating already 😂

When we can firm up on that date, I will book a hotel or AirBnB.

Mike
MTX500, MTX512, 3x Series 2, SDX single disk, FDX 2 disk, Andy's excellent ReMemorizer #7, VideoWall software on a laptop, 32k RAM exp (with some spare sockets empty), a bunch of spares to keep it all going, plus a boxed/working DMX80
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

The date -should- be good.

Both Jim and I checked work schedules etc. before setting the date. Come the end of September though, I'll double check with Jim and then confirm everything is on (or not, but hopefully wont come to that)