My second MTX

About original Memotech hardware.
acsi

Re: My second MTX

Post by acsi »

Electrolytic Capacitors and Regulators fully replaced now. Reassembled the case for now but I have a sacrificial Electron keyboard coming as some keys still play up.
IMG_0870.jpeg
IMG_0870.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 5572 times
I still need to remove the broken screw but have put the unit back together with 5 new ones.
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0871.jpeg (406.94 KiB) Viewed 5572 times
On testing the Composite output is now a nice stable Monochrome? I need to investigate that to see if I've messed something up or it is set to Monochrome.
VGA output of course is crisp and clear.
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

The video daughterboard has a soldered link that pins the output to monochrome. Two of my machines are like that. You need to cut the link and solder a new one between two other points.

There's a few threads on this on the forum, if you search. Dave did a repair here:

http://primrosebank.net/computers/mtx/r ... _board.htm

which has the schematic.

I have a thread on here, where I did the change (and thought I'd cocked it up :oops: ) but it has some photos that might help.
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
Dave

Post by Dave »

acsi wrote: 11 Oct 2022 01:24 On testing the Composite output is now a nice stable Monochrome? I need to investigate that to see if I've messed something up or it is set to Monochrome.
VGA output of course is crisp and clear.
Is it really worth the hassle of repinning the MTX video board when the VGA output will display the same screens in better quality? (Unless of course you are intending to use two screens.)

Regards
Dave
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Dave wrote: 11 Oct 2022 21:29 Is it really worth the hassle of repinning the MTX video board when the VGA output will display the same screens in better quality? (Unless of course you are intending to use two screens.)
It's the nearest most of us will get to the Videowall setup you have, Dave. :mrgreen:
Steve G
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Plug in a TV, a composite monitor and VGA and you'll have THREE screens.
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

I like your thinking, Martin!

I see your RF modulator and raise you a TMS-RGB adapter and attach another TV via scart and you can get four!
Steve G
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

If you were around during the classic analogue CRT TV era, you may be like me and bought a Maplin Electronics SCART video amplifier, then you can have two tellies fed from one SCART signal… :P

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Surely that's cheating, Mark? The signal has to be tapped inside the MTX, right? ;)
Steve G