REMEMOrizer : VGA monitor compatibility

Everything about Andy Key's REMEMOrizer
Dave

REMEMOrizer : VGA monitor compatibility

Post by Dave »

Most people using REMEMOrizer have no problems with displaying the VGA output, but a couple of problems have been reported by Jon and Iain :

http://www.nyangau.org/rememorizer/failures.htm

Martin has suggested that we have a thread for people to report their experiences.

So, please let us know the manufacturer and model number of the VGA monitor or TV that you are using with REMEMOrizer, any issues that you may have found and your satisfaction, or otherwise, with your REMEMOrizer VGA output.

Regards
Dave
schombi

Re: REMEMOrizer : VGA monitor compatibility

Post by schombi »

Working fine with my Rememorizer:
TFT EIZO FlexScan M1900
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Rememorizer tested and working fine with the 2 monitors I tried it on:

CIBOX 19" Widescreen monitor - model no LW1922C, and
Samsung Syncmaster 720N 17" monitor

also works fine on a my father's Panasonic Viera 32 Widescreen TV (well he'd not played Hawkwars for 25 years+ so I "tested" both VGA and Composite outputs)

However my Sony Bravia 20" fails to lock on to the VGA (the composite is fine though) - model no KDL20S3020
Dave

Post by Dave »

I have created a page to tabulate the results, if you add your details to this thread, I will update the page

http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/m ... er_vga.htm

If you know the horizontal and vertical scanning frequencies for your monitor/tv, please include them to your post
(So far, I have not been able to find any technical details for the monitors that don't work with REMEMOrizer, if you can supply any details, I'd be grateful)

regards
Dave
JonB

Post by JonB »

AOC TFT1460PSA and Advent MR17E-ABA are not showing all lines.

They are old 4:3 monitors, but it works ok on my widescreen AOC, which is modern.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Jon,

why are you not using the latest display technology? - You'd think that was a Retro Computer Group or something :-)

Glad you've got REMEMrozer working on another monitor though.

I had been tryingt to find data on your old monitors, but I have not been able to find any technical data on the web.
I don't suppose that you have manuals whcih show the H&V frequencies do you?

regards
Dave
JonB

Post by JonB »

Ho, ho ho...

Nope, no manuals; they are lost to the depths of time. I bought the AOC about.. eerrrrm.. 15 years ago, and the other one was inherited from me mum. I'm about to get my hands on another monitor - this time it's a Dell - and i'll give it a try with that once it turns up. But since the card is OK on my big AOC I have to blame my poor old retro monitors...

Thanks Dave

JonB
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Jon,

OK thanks, not surprising that you have no manuals really :-)

Still, it appears that you are happy with REMEMOrizer, let us know about your Dell monitor in due course though,

regards
Dave
JonB

Post by JonB »

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply I wasn't happy with it.

I think its "GRRRRRRREAT!"

:D
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Jon,

I only meant "unhappy" in the sense that you were not able to use it, perhaps "disappointed" (particularly with your old monitors!) might have been a better description.

I was just concerned that your inability to make use of REMEMOrizer was leading you to neglect the MTX in favour of other, more trivial, retro computers - the PET for example :lol:

regards
Dave