REMEMOrizer : VGA monitor compatibility

Everything about Andy Key's REMEMOrizer
1024MAK

Re: REMEMOrizer : VGA monitor compatibility

Post by 1024MAK »

All this talk of PETs and comments like "GRRRRRRREAT!" make me wonder if a honey monster or large animated sugar puff are going to invade the forum :mrgreen:

In the unlikely event that I find some free time to play with, sorry scientifically test my REMEMOrizer with the various LCD and CRT VGA monitors that I have available to me. Then I will check the compatibility and list the results. Now, don't get excited, and no holding of breath. The only retro machines that I have found time to power up in the last few weeks have been an Acorn BBC B to test some 6502 CPUs and a Acorn RiscPC700 to recharge its internal back-up battery :-(

Also manuals and specifications are not likely to be forthcoming as (1) a lot are second hand and (2) most of those that I bought new did not have much of a manual, so said document was filed along with all the other useless, err, modern folded papers, err manuals in the loft somewhere (or was it the back of the garage :roll: ). Typically I do have a good manual for one, but that is a proper old CRT multi-sync and needs repairing (if I keep it).

The good news is that the MTX replacement PSU development work has made it back to the top of the electronics "to do" list :-) (getting the heating controller repaired has been successful, strange how that knocked everything else down to make it the priority ;-) ).

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
JonB

Post by JonB »

Hi Dave

PET? What PET?

Surely you mean this beastie...
tattie.jpg
tattie.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 8002 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Is that wishful thinking?

- I thought you were not getting that eyesore yet? :)

regards
Dave
JonB

Post by JonB »

Hmm... Grumble grumble grumble.. Fair point.. Same VDP.. much more comprehensive hardware.. Z80 micro developer's tool of choice.. Etc etc.. plus I get to see all the lines on its matching monitor, har!

It's at my bro's house right now. All I have to do is go pick it up. But it's a 2 hr drive and I only have access to the car on Sunday.

We'll see if it has a better keyboard than the MTX ;) it's certainly bigger, has a bigger footprint than the PET. Will it even fit on my desk??

I managed to grab a (very rare) SD card interface for it. Like REMemorizer but without 80 columns, sadly.

And did I tell you there is a version of The Source for it? Why, it could be the Memotech's ugly sister!
JonB

Post by JonB »

Dave

I have for another old monitor to try with REMemorizer. It's a Dell E153FPf and it works OK.

I do notice some interference in the middle of the screen; not sure if it's the monitor, cable or REMemorizer but it's good for now.

Cheers

JonB