NEW HARDWARE Forum

Modern, Memotech inspired, hardware projects
Dave

NEW HARDWARE Forum

Post by Dave »

Use this forum to share what new hardware projects that you have completed, are currently working on, or are even just thinking about.

Ideally, but it's not mandatory, the project should have an MTX, or at least as Z80 theme, but anything that you have to share would be welcomed.

Projects that generate enough interest/discussion may warrant their own sub-forum.

To start the ball rolling, I have created a sub-forum for members who received one of Lez's free parts kits to let others know how they are using, or plan to use, the parts that Lez provided.

Dave
1024MAK

Re: NEW HARDWARE Forum

Post by 1024MAK »

I don't keep a list of active projects, as I do tend to jump from one to another. And even when I finish something, often a few months/years later I will have another idea, and modify it again... :roll:

But back to some things that I have / or about to (maybe) do...

I just got one of these: Jupiter Ace Replica Kit (ebay 291140620611. As the schematics on the web do not show the actual connections used on the PCB (RAM address and data lines wired in a different order), I am currently cross-checking the tracks on the board with a schematic diagram.

I also recently received a Harlequin kit. See WoS here.

I also have been collecting parts for my ZX80 Core board.

A Z80 from the parts supplied from Lez has made it onto a breadboard :shock: ;) but apart from some wires, nothing else yet :(

Oh, and I also just got (but have not had time to play with it), this.

Sorry, end of line (I have to get some sleepzzzz, as I have to get up at 05:15 in the morning :( ).

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

oooh the MPF-1

I really wanted on of those back in the day, but ended up with a 2nd hand ZX81 instead.
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

I'm afraid that my most recent hardware projects have used a PIC microprocessor rather than a Z80, and are therefore of little interest to this forum. For the record they are:

* Temperature data logger, recording to serial EEPROM. Downloaded once a week to laptop for plotting.
* Stepper motor controller. This has both serial and parallel control interfaces and can (and has for test purposes) be driven from an MTX.

Summer is a slow time for hardware / software hacking for me, too many other hobbies. My current ongoing electronics / software project is to use a Raspberry Pi, the above stepper motor controller and a load of Maccano, to scan and digitise a collection of 8mm cine film.

Lez, I will get around to using the parts you so generously supplied, but I want to finish a few other projects first. I guess first project will be to make a JTAG programmer. Until then, although tempting, I will not hold my hand up for any more of your kind offers.

Bill.
inaki

Post by inaki »

1024MAK, I would like to get (purchase) the FORTH ROM for the MPF1. I have tried to find it on the internet, but have found nothing. By any chance did you get one of these ?
I own the MPF1 Plus.

My current project is a GPIO card for my MTX500.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

inaki wrote:1024MAK, I would like to get (purchase) the FORTH ROM for the MPF1. I have tried to find it on the internet, but have found nothing. By any chance did you get one of these ?
No, sorry. I don't think I have the FORTH ROM.
I do have BASIC (both the version that is seperate to the monitor, and the "1B" version that is on the same EPROM as the monitor).
I also have the I/O ROM.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Having created new sub-forums for CFX and MFX, it has been suggested that the same approach could be taken for MAGROM and REMEMORIZER. That’s a good idea, it will declutter the main page and move threads that have not been updated for a considerable time.