CFX

Topics related to the CFX Interface
Post questions about CFX and raise any issues or problems here
Dave

Re: CFX

Post by Dave »

Hi Mark,

thanks, there's nothing special that we had in mind, it's really just a case of using it and seeing if there are gremlins in there.

The "clean your edge connector" is already a good reminder!

regards
Dave
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

With the CFX being much more complex in use than the Magrom, there will be a manual for it at some point.

Right now the manual is very much a work in progress. As the current software is basically the first build that has everything we wanted running, I've only just started the documentation.

From your comment it sounds like I should include at least a small amount on the common CPM commands.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Well, if (when) I need it, I look in the bible :P
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.3 KiB) Viewed 14924 times
:mrgreen:

I think what would be useful is to explain the differences between the options on the start-up screen. Also for people who have not used the BASIC disk commands, list them along with their syntax.

A lot of people already have the normal MTX BASIC manual, or the later version. And if not, there are PDF versions. But the documentation of the Memotech disk systems and the extensions to BASIC are less readily available. And USER LOAD "filename" is okay once you know, but if you didn't know, how long would you try guessing?

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

There's a new software build(132) on Dave's site. No Major changes what I have done though:

There's a brief reminder of the USER commands available, from the boot screen.
USER SYSCOPY is de-activated and now returns an error.
USER COPY no longer prompts for disc changes.
Dave

Post by Dave »

And for a slightly less brief description of the USER commands and CP/M interface, there is now a short Operator's Manual on the CFX page

http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/m ... fx/cfx.htm
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

ImageImageImage

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
protek

Post by protek »

Finally, after a year of purchase, I'm gonna be able to try the CFX, and the MTX for that matter out, as I'm getting a PSU for my MTX. :D

I've had the bits and pieces to build a PSU out but haven't had the time to put it together.
I'm also getting a 32 kB RAM expansion card and a replacement GAL.
stephen_usher

CFX + RS232 board?

Post by stephen_usher »

Now that I have my original MTX500 almost fully functional I thought that I'd try my spare CFX board fitted externally.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the RS232 board fitted. It either doesn't start or goes directly to BASIC. It works fine with the RS232 board disconnected.

From the information of the CFX web page it says it should work and only Rememorizer requires a new PAL/GAL for the board.

Any thoughts?
Dave

Post by Dave »

This is described in the manual.

The CP/M ROM is the same slot as the FDX ROM on the RS232 board and can’t be used at the same time.

You can use the SDX ROM at the same time by starting in MTX mode and entering ROM5
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Oops! Sorry. I'd not noticed that.