Muldjord aka "El Senator"

Section where new members can tell us a little bit about themselves (and their own set-up) and existing members can say "hello and welcome" to them?
muldjord

Muldjord aka "El Senator"

Post by muldjord »

Hi everyone,
A small introduction is in place. I collaborated a bit with Claus many years back in exchanging game files under my old nick "El Senator". The MTX512 was my first computer, which I got when I was only 4 or 5 years old. I learned Basic on it by typing in the examples of "The big black book", and played plenty of games on it. It was the star of the neighbordhood back in those days.

I since moved on to the C64, then the A600 and later PC. Work in IT today, mostly with programming and system administration. So I definitely have the Memotech to thank for getting into it at an early age.

Glad to be here!
1024MAK

Re: Muldjord aka "El Senator"

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board!

Hello and welcome to our forum.

:D :D :D

Enjoy the forum :D

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Lars,

thanks for registering :)
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Welcome back Lars :)

Yes back then you was to only other Memotech Guy I could find, Later I got in touch with Andy Key and some of the other programmers too.

Maybe we will meet in a Future Memofest in UK, this year I am not going :(

When you will get your Memotech up and running, you can find "New" Memotech games at www.mtxworld.dk as Audio Files, but I recommend a modern "disk" system like the Rememorizer.

Martin A. is working on some project for a cheap "disk" system too it look it can be very cheap.
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
muldjord

Post by muldjord »

Good to hear from you Claus! Yes, it's been a while. :) I had some off years where I pretty much lost my interest in the retro space. But about 2 years ago I was given an old A500 for free that needed to be shined up a bit. So one weekend I took it apart and cleaned everything up and got it back in working order. And that really put me back in the retro groove, it was a fun project. So i bought myself a C64 and A600 aswell - my other childhood machines. And the Memotech was of course waiting to get back into the spotlight. And I remembered that last time I had it turned on, it had that sound issue. And I am quite eager to finally hear that "fart death sound" in Blobbo and Knuckles again. I remember chuckling like crazy about that when I was a kid. :lol:
Crazyboss
Site Admin

Post by Crazyboss »

Did you try ANDYs MEMU emulator, it also does a very good emulation, back in the 90s we used a windows ported MAC emulator, which didn work so good. So memu is the way to go today for emulation.

I hope you get it up running, I might have some spares if you find the problem.

Did you have RS232 in your mtx?
//CLAUS - Webmaster at www.mtxworld.dk
muldjord

Post by muldjord »

No, no RS232 in my MTX512. I looked into Memu yesterday but haven't tried it yet. I'm a big RetroPie fan so I was thinking that maybe Memu could work on Arm on a RPi3, but I don't really have time to look into that. Would be neat though, to have it on there.

And thank you! If I am in need of spare parts I'll ask :)
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

muldjord wrote:... so I was thinking that maybe Memu could work on Arm on a RPi3...
Something like:
http://primrosebank.net/computers/rpi/p ... memupi.htm

And Welcome!

Unfortunately my Arm based MTX emulator won't run on the PI, as it relies on features that were only available on the older Arm chips (26 bit address mode)
muldjord

Post by muldjord »

Thanks! Interesting, so it looks like it already compiles and runs on Arm. In that case, maybe I could add it as an experimental emulator to RetroPie. Most of the RetroPie emulators are RetroArch cores that makes it easy to map RetroArch controllers to any of the emulator cores. But that would need the Memu to be made into a RetroArch core. So that's a bit of an undertaking. But just running it on the side as a self-contained emulator would be possible without too much hassle I think. That would be really cool.