System test rom/Board

Modern, Memotech inspired, hardware projects
Martin A

Re: System test rom/Board

Post by Martin A »

Answers in order:

Build 234, no copies of that source remain.

Build 245, the source for that is on the Raspberry Pi Z80 dev system here somwhere. However, it needed a purpose written assembler to build. All the tricks and tweaks needed to run with no ram were written into the assembler as multibye additional opcodes. (In addition things that wouldn't work like CALL and RET were removed so as not to be assembled by mistake)

There was nothing after build 245, there simply wasn't the space to add anything else.
quantumDavey

Post by quantumDavey »

Okay, thanks for the quick reply.

SO, what I'll do is:

1. Disassemble the lost source ROM files
2. Diff and xref the listings with source files for the previous ROMs that I do have
3. Generate a new set of 'unfied' sources.
4. Use a python and or HTML/js z80 emulator to run the roms (modding the emu's as necessary)
5. Then finish developing my Piggy-back internal MaxROAM (ROM/RAM) board.

What d'ya think ??

Cheers.
Martin A

Post by Martin A »

Sounds like you're building something like : https://www.mtxworld.dk/memorum/viewtop ... 3299#p3299

Writing Z80 code to run with no working ram needs a few "tricks" so while I've posted the early versions to show how it's done. I refrained from publising the final code.

So disassembling to see what I did, I've no problems with that, the early code and notes might help you re-construct the macro's/compound opcodes I was using. But please keep it to yourself.

Including the final rom on a Rom/Ram board again no issues there, that's why it was posted inthe first place.