New kid in town

Section where new members can tell us a little bit about themselves (and their own set-up) and existing members can say "hello and welcome" to them?
kokkiklhs

New kid in town

Post by kokkiklhs »

Hello people, MTX newbie here, from Athens, Greece!

I also joined the FB group, but thought it would be better to sign up in here as well, in order to find some answers to my questions...
Not at all noob in what is called today "retrocomputing", in fact I am constantly using *retro* computers since they weren't retro! :lol:
But as a mostly ZX Spectrum - C64 - Amiga fan (and collector, with lots of other machines), I never had the chance to get my hands on a MTX so far.
Of course I definitely knew about the machine since the mid-eighties (mostly from magazine ads etc.) but I hadn't seen it for real (and working) until a couple of weeks ago, when I finally received my 512, off an evilbay auction... What a gorgeous machine! And what an astonishing manufacture quality, my Spectrums look like cheap kids toys next to it! :shock:
I simply fell in love with it! I now have to start learning some of its secrets...

Cheers to all of you!
Dave

Re: New kid in town

Post by Dave »

Hi,

Welcome to the group!

The forum is definitely a better place than the Facebook group for technical questions/discussion.

Yes, the MTX is certainly a quality machine, well done for getting one.

Feel free to ask any questions as you start using it

Regards
Dave
gunrock

Post by gunrock »

Welcome. As a newbie myself, I can tell you that this is a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable community.

Which Ebay did you win the auction on, UK? I periodically keep an eye out on ebay UK and there's been a rash of machines for sale recently. Check Dave's Primrosebank site and fill in the hardware survey if you wish.
Steve G
Danish Memotech MTX 512, MFX and loving it
kokkiklhs

Post by kokkiklhs »

Thanks to both! Yes, it's from the UK site, I'll check the survey!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome kokkiklhs :D

Very glad you could join us 8-)

Are you the same kokkiklhs that is also a member of Sinclair ZX World?

Have fun, and please do ask any questions you like (well, as long as it’s computer or electronics related ;-) ).

And there is no such thing as a stupid question. Although we reserve the right to point you to Dave’s mega MTX site.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :D

Not as many MTXs as Dave! :lol:
kokkiklhs

Post by kokkiklhs »

1024MAK wrote: 02 Apr 2021 23:16 Welcome kokkiklhs :D

Very glad you could join us 8-)

Are you the same kokkiklhs that is also a member of Sinclair ZX World?

Have fun, and please do ask any questions you like (well, as long as it’s computer or electronics related ;-) ).

And there is no such thing as a stupid question. Although we reserve the right to point you to Dave’s mega MTX site.

Mark
Thanks!!! :)
Yes, I am the same (the one and only) kokkiklhs, hahaha! :lol:
I have a lot of questions, as I know very little about the MTX machines, as opposed to the Sinclair ones, with which I;m very familiar...